Who we are
The London Region Balloon Club is a not-for-profit sports club run by volunteers to promote and support lighter-than-air aviation in London and the surrounding Counties.
Your right to privacy is very important. The London Region Balloon Club (referred to below as "we" or "us" or "LRBC") recognises that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. This policy explains how we comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act) [pre GDPR enforcement] and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations).
By using this website, you give your consent that all personal data you submit may be processed in the manner and for the purposes described below.
|1) What personal information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about You:
- Your contact information, which may include name, address, email address and phone number(s), etc.;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Other information to help us provide you with relevant information.
2) How we use your information
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To help us identify you and administer your membership;
- To organise and administer events;
- To notify you about changes to our website and services;
- To provide you with information relevant to the sport
- To display contact details to other club members
- To inform you if there is a security breach
3) We receive no personal information from other sources
4) We do not share any personal information with third parties
6) Website visitor tracking - is not employed.
7) Adverts and Sponsored Links - are not employed.
8) Downloads and Media Files
- Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
- We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
9) Email Mailing List
We operate an email mailing list purely to inform members about information relevant to the sport. You can subscribe/unsubscribe through your individual members information update page.
10) Where we store your personal data
- Temporary and/or historic records of event attendees may be held locally by a club officer for future reference.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites. Any information You supply on such sites will not be within our control.
12) How can you update the personal information you have provided to us?
- You should maintain the accuracy of your information and ensure all your details, including but not limited to, name, phone number and e-mail address are kept up to date. You can do this by updating your personal details within Members List by logging into the Members Area.
- You can omit personal information that you wish to withold by deleting it from your details
- You can select whether or not you wish to receive information by email through your individual members information update page.
- You can request that any or all of your contact information is edited or deleted by contacting email@example.com.